Shehrezad Bawany Of La Villa Talks To HELLO!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m originally from Karachi and have recently moved to Lahore. I’ve done two masters in fashion from Milan and London and been working in the industry ever since. I’ve always been passionate about this field and am excited to bring something new and unique to Lahore.
La Villa has been on my mind for as long as I can remember. When I moved to Lahore it felt like the right time to start since this was something that was really needed here.
3. How do you handle stressful situations and overcome creative blocks?
I do something just for fun, like play tennis, where I can switch off for an hour and afterwards feel completely refreshed!
4. What are three tips for running a successful multi-brand?
Be unique. Be selective. Do not limit yourself.
5. How do you set yourself apart and what do you think makes your brand unique from your competitors?
La Villa is all about character, it’s carefully curated, it has a concept, a theme that reflects through all our products. It’s an experience that nurtures creativity.
6. Three pros and cons for running your own business?
Having your own business means a lot of hard work but it’s something that is completely in sync with how you think, what you visualize and where you want to steer it. This space gives me the opportunity to express my creativity. There are no cons when it’s something you love doing.
7. What are some of the perks of working in fashion?
Never having to say “I have nothing to wear!”
8. Three fashion trends that you hope will make a comeback in 2020?
Suits, fedoras, and polka dots.
9. You’re both the creative and the business head of your company. How do you balance your time between the two?
I start my day with the business aspect and then the rest of the day/night I leave for the creative parts.
10. If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
Don’t be afraid to be unique.
11. What’s the best part of your job and what is the most challenging part?
Being able to share everything I’ve put together and thought of, with my clients. The freedom of creativity in this field can be both challenging and a lot of fun too.