Avocado Hair Mask Recipe for Heat-damaged Hair
Avocado hair mask benefits:
- Avocado Hair Conditioner: This creamy fruit acts as an effective natural conditioner for dry hair.
- Protects Hair: It works as a good protectant for hair from heat and chemicals.
- Avocado Hair Mask for Hair Growth: Avocado not only prevents hair loss, but encourages hair growth as well. It is a great treatment for hair loss.
- Prevent Hair Split Ends: This buttery fruit hydrates dry and brittle hair effectively and thus helps in limiting the split ends.
- Shiny Hair: Avocado has fats, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins that are vital for shiny, smooth and beautiful hair.
- Avocado Hair Softening Mask: Avocado and egg yolk mask nourishes hair and makes it soft and smooth.
- Moisturises Scalp: Dry scalp can cause itching and other hair complications. The avocado hair mask can penetrate deep inside epidermis layer and keep the scalp hydrated. The use of avocado mask helps de-tangling the hair without making the hair greasy.
- Revitalises Scalp: Avocado hair mask rejuvenates and moisturises the scalp. You can use variations of avocado treatments for hair as it’s an excellent natural potent ingredient to revitalise dry, damaged, lifeless hair. Avocado acts as a deep hair conditioner, leaving the hair full of life, smooth and shiny. The bonus point is that it’s packed with proteins, amino acids and vitamins, thus the avocado oil or mask works to nurture the hair leading to healthier locks.
- Rich Source of Vitamins B and E: One of the causes for hair loss and other hair related complications is a deficiency of vitamins. Avocado fruit is a rich source of Vitamins B and E, and thus its application strengthen the tresses. It’s also known for its usefulness to repair scalp damage, which is one of the main causes of hair loss.
How to make an avocado hair mask:
Avocado and Honey Hair Mask with Olive Oil:
Honey is a rich source of vitamins that strengthen scalp and hair. Olive oil has excellent hydrating properties, so it protects your tresses from damage and very useful for those who use lots of heat on their hair usually. It’s one of the best hair masks for dry hair!
- Take 1 ripe avocado (pitted and scooped out), 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and couple of drops of lavender essential oil (optional).
- Mash the avocado until it forms a smooth paste without any lumps. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and blend them all together, until the mixture forms a smooth paste of uniform consistency.
- Dampen your hair with water, and apply the mask onto your hair, paying extra attention to the hair ends. Massage the mixture a little bit. Clip your hair onto the top of your head, and then cover with a shower cap. Allow the mixture to sit for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the shower cap, rinse your hair thoroughly as many times it requires removing the mask entirely, and then wash and condition your hair as you normally do.
Do try out this recipe and leave your feedback in the comments below!