Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Pizookie
- 115 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 175° C/350° F. line a 9” cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds OR over stove top in a heat-proof dish over a pot of boiling water until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Pour the nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1- inch of the edges. Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your finger if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminium foil and bake for further 10 minutes for a ‘set’ cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Try out this recipe and leave your feedback in the comments below!