DIY Home-Made Sanitizer
Follow these steps for your very own home-made DIY hand sanitizer.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl (99 percent rubbing alcohol)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of essential oil or you can use lemon juice instead (for scent)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel like consistency
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle and voila ready for use
Note: Aloe vera is a moisturizer that will stop your skin from drying out. The main active ingredient in this sanitizer is the isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol). Most commercial hand sanitizers contain either ethanol, isopropanol, n-propanol or a combination of any two.