Plums & Crumbs: Perfect For The Winter Season
Plum Streusel Kuchen (Serves 12-15)
For the Streusel Crumble:
Icing Sugar 50g
Castor Sugar 50g
Cinnamon Powder 1/5 tsp
Cake Flour 110g
Almond Powder 50g
Salt 1 tsp
Yeast 1 1/3 tsp
Fresh Plums 500g
Cinnamon 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 160 C.
For the streusel:
2. In a bowl combine the icing sugar, castor sugar, cinnamon powder, cake !our and almond powder. Cut in the butter and use your fingers to lightly knead into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is well incorporated.
3. Refrigerate the streusel crumble for 40 minutes.
To prepare the dough:
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, !our, sugar, salt, yeast and butter until the dough comes together to form a ball. Press the dough together with your hands, cover in a plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile wash, de stone and the cut the plums.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge. On a floured surface, roll it out until 3.5mm thick.
7. Grease spring form pan and press the dough onto the bottom of prepared pan.
8. Arrange the plums upright tightly in the !an and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
9. Finally sprinkle the streusel crumble and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes until done and beautiful golden brown. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
10. Unmold and serve at room temperature.