The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter 1/2 cup (113 g)
- Granulated sugar 1/2 cup (99 g)
- Brown sugar packed 1/4 cup (54 g)
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Egg 1 large
- All purpose flour 1 3/4 cups (210 g)
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Kosher salt 1/2 tsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup (170 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. Butter should be completely melted but shouldn't be too hot.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugar until well-combined.
- Stir together vanilla and egg until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix dough until just combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough (medium cookie scoop) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little under-baked in the middle
Don’t do the following:
- Don’t fluff and then scoop and sweep to measure the flour. Too much flour will result in a dry or crumbly cookie.
- Don't over-bake the cookies: We suggest starting with the listed baking time and increasing the time as needed.