Try Cooled Coconut Protein Porridge For Sehri
This recipe takes no more than half an hour, so there’s no excuse to get in the kitchen!
- Stir in a generous tablespoon of peanut butter
- A handful of crushed walnuts and almonds to sprinkle on top
- For greater sustenance you can even slice up rough pieces of your favourite protein bar.
- For a fruitier meal add in a sliced banana or your favourite berries!
The oats are slow releasing energy and added protein from the nuts will keep you going for longer.
What you need:
- Porridge oats- 1 cup
- Almond or coconut milk- half a cup
- Almonds- handful
- Banana - whole
- Berries- handful
- Protein bar – half a bar
- Peanut butter- 1 large tablespoon
Tip of the day: If you are a big tea and coffee drinker and find you are having headaches. Drink a very strong cup of tea or coffee for Sehri. If you normally have one tea bag make it two. Have a double shot of espresso. I’m a big caffeine addict, and I’ve found that having a rocket fuel cup of coffee for Sehri has stopped my headaches.
For hilarious Ramadan memes follow @imdesiok